About Northeast Ohio
Northeast Ohio, the Cleveland Plus Region, has a robust and diverse $170 billion economy. With nearly 2 percent average annual GRP growth rate since 1993, the economy boasts mature and emerging industries that are fueling future economic opportunity.
The Plus region remains one of the 12 largest economic regions in the US and continues to be a leader in key industries. Economic drivers include:
- Leading heritage in advanced manufacturing
- World-renowned healthcare and educational institutions
- Biomedical industry growth faster than U.S.
- Scientific research and development growth doubling U.S.
- Fast-paced growth in professional, scientific and technical services
- Significant growth in aerospace-related manufacturing
- Opportunity in alternative energy manufacturing
- Entrepreneurial base and assistance programs
- Exponential growth in college-educated residents
Pass the Plus!
Learn more about the Cleveland Plus region at www.theplus.us.