Commission on Economic Inclusion
The Commission on Economic Inclusion, a program of the Greater Cleveland Partnership, is focused on creating positive, measurable outcomes leading to:
- Increases in board, senior management, workforce and supplier diversity among the more than 100 Northeast Ohio employers who are members of the Commission;
- Increases in the total revenue, value, size, and number of employees for minority-owned businesses in our region and throughout the State of Ohio. Read more about the Commission’s member benefits and minority business resources.
Our members - Join us!
Click here for the list of the more than 100 Northeast Ohio employers that belong to the Commission on Economic Inclusion. To learn more about Commission membership, please email Deputy Executive Director Deborah Bridwell or call 216.592.2213.
What's new at the Commission?
Learn more about our work from the most recent issue of The Commission Connection, our monthly publication featuring diversity and inclusion news and events from the Northeast Ohio employer community.
Message from the Co-chairs - Discover the value added of Commission membership
Many of you are receiving the Commission on Economic Inclusion’s monthly newsletter, the Commission Connection, for the first time.
Welcome! We hope that you find its contents to be useful and informative.
Our intent is to highlight the value of this component of your Greater Cleveland Partnership membership both through our column and through our services and programming described throughout this issue.
The Commission is the GCP program that provides diversity and inclusion services and resources to achieve business impact for our members. Whether broadening the labor pool to access the best talent, enhancing customer service and relationships with a diverse, global customer base, or maximizing innovation and creative team problem-solving, the Commission is focused on strengthening its members’ economic competitiveness.
And there is no additional cost to GCP members to join the Commission. Our member benefits include:
- Programming for decision makers—CEO briefings, Senior Executive Forums, Diversity Professionals Group conferences, and Chief Procurement Officers Group sessions
- Industry, local and national comparison data through annual surveys
- Best practices repository and advice on building effective supplier diversity and diverse talent attraction initiatives
- LinkedIn jobs posting page
- Direct access to minority-owned businesses through our Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), plus access to capital and business opportunities for those businesses
- Increased visibility for your organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Leadership development for your middle and senior managers.
Growing the Commission’s membership benefits GCP and our region benefit through:
- An increase in our regional impact on inclusive talent and company attraction and retention
- An ability to offer more robust industry-specific programming
- A larger survey participant pool that increases the strength of the survey analysis and conclusions.
We invite you to join us! Be sure to watch our video that provides highlights of the Commission’s work. Also, please see the next story to learn about our upcoming events for our members.
For more information about joining the Commission, visit our web pages or contact Deborah Bridwell, deputy executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.592.2345.
Eddie Taylor Daniel Walsh
President President, Greater Cleveland Region
Taylor Oswald Huntington National Bank
Dates to remember: Annual survey and programs for members
- Commission leadership update: Board of Advisors welcomes Lifebanc CEO
- Welcome to our newest member: The Reserves Network joins the Commission
- Commission-Member Leadership Day rescheduled: Program to be held March 31, 2015
- 2015 programs for HR and diversity professionals: Commission to collaborate with CSHRM
- MBDA Cleveland update: Supplemental grant to support advanced manufacturing initiatives; Auto dealership receives CMHA contract; MBDA assists Gateway Health Care with relocation to Cleveland
- Construction Diversity and Inclusion news: Twenty-five students complete pre-apprenticeship training
- Nominations wanted for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Awards: Submission deadline is December 5
Click to view or download our newsletter.