Diversity Professionals Conference
- Corporate College East, 4400 Richmond Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
"Maximizing Your Impact for the Future"
Diversity and HR professionals are invited to the Commission on Economic Inclusion’s sixth annual Diversity Professionals conference to be held Wednesday, August 6 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Corporate College East.
We'll focus on the diversity practitioner’s journey, providing tangible takeaways on skills and competencies to impact organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives for all levels.
It will include sessions for more seasoned diversity officers and advanced programs.
Our agenda is packed with diversity experts
Left to right:
Haynie and Khan will speak on recruitment best practices and effective employee communication and engagement strategies.
- Keynote speaker: Julie Hansen, director, corporate diversity & inclusion, AbbVie, a global, research-based bio-pharmaceutical company named to the 2014 DiversityInc Top 50.
Featured speaker: Doug Harris, chief executive officer of The Kaleidoscope Group, whose firm will facilitate the conference.
- Tammy Nunn Haynie, diversity and inclusion program manager, BASF, 2014 DiversityInc Top 50
- Rahman Khan, director, diversity and Inclusion, Time Warner Cable, 2014 DiversityInc Top 50 and Commission Hall of Fame.
This program has been submitted to HRCI for recertification credit PHR, SPHR and GPHR.
7:30-8 a.m. Registration/Networking/Breakfast
8-9 a.m. Keynote Address: Julie Hansen, AbbVie, 2014 DiversityInc Top 50
9 a.m.–12:30 p.m. D&I practitioners competency development, skill building session:
Doug Harris, Kaleidoscope Group
12:30-1:30 p.m. Lunch/informal discussions in industry clusters
1:45-2:35 p.m. Breakout Sessions:
2:45-3:45 p.m. Telling Your D&I Story: Best practices for marketing your organization's efforts
- Recruitment Resources for Diverse Candidates
- Best Practices for Diversity Recruitment
- Driving Impact: What You Can Do as a Line Manager
to your employees and beyond
3:45-4:30 p.m. Reception sponsored by Parker Hannifin