Luncheon with Ohio Supreme Court Justice Judi French
- The Union Club, 1211 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115
Sherwin-Williams and the Association of Corporate Counsel, Northeast Ohio chapter, are hosting a luncheon with Ohio Supreme Court Justice Judi French on Wednesday, August 6, at The Union Club, 1211 Euclid Avenue.
- 11:30 a.m - Noon: networking/seating
- Noon-1 p.m.: Lunch, comments and Q&A with Justice French.
The Ohio Supreme Court is one of the most important branches of government when it comes to maintaining the stability of Ohio’s legal and business environments. Greater Cleveland Partnership members are invited to attend this event to welcome sitting Supreme Court Justice Judi French for a conversation about how the court works, the role the court plays in interpreting the laws and how the Justices’ judicial philosophy shapes our laws in Ohio.
About Justice Judi French
- The 155th Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court (2013 – present)
- Judge on Ohio’s Tenth District Court of Appeals (2004-2012)
- Chief Legal Counsel to Ohio Governor Bob Taft (2002-2004)
- Assistant Attorney General and Chief Counsel to Ohio Attorney General Betty Montgomery (1997-2002)
- Other positions include deputy director of legal affairs at the Ohio EPA, in-house counsel for a large manufacturing company and practicing environmental law with Porter, Wright, Morris and Arthur
- Author of over 800 legal opinions
- Argued 2 cases in the U.S. Supreme Court including serving as lead counsel for the Cleveland School Vouchers case
- Three degrees from The Ohio State University: B.A. in political science, M.A. in history with a concentration in military history and strategic studies and a J.D., with honors