Eighth Annual Inclusion Conference
- LaCentre, 25777 Detroit Road, Westlake, OH 44145
Join the Commission on Economic Inclusion on August 17 for the Eighth Annual Inclusion Conference. The full-day program will focus on implicit bias— the research behind it and practical applications to mitigate its effect in the workplace.
Who should attend: Diversity & inclusion practitioners, senior human resources managers, supplier diversity managers and procurement managers.
Richard Clarke Cabot Professor of Social Ethics
Co-author, “Blind Spot: Hidden Biases of Good People”
Harvard professor and author Mahzarin Banaji will discuss how well-intentioned people behave in ways that deviate from their intentions and how this state of affairs compromises decisions in the workplace.
She has primarily studied social attitudes and beliefs in adults and children, relying on multiple methods including cognitive/affective behavioral measures and neuroimaging (fMRI). Her current research interests focus on the origins of social cognition and applications of implicit cognition to improve organizational practices.
Diana Cruz Solash
EY Global Diversity & Inclusiveness
Diana Solash joined EY in 1994 and is currently a director in the organization’s Global Diversity & Inclusiveness team. In this capacity, Diana works closely with senior leaders, EY member firm partners and all EY people so that EY values are reflected across the organization. She will discuss what EY is doing to interrupt bias.
Afternoon breakout sessions
Industry experts will lead these sessions that will focus on best practices to mitigate unconscious bias in the workplace. Here's our speaker line-up:
- Erica Merritt, Director, Culture & Strategy, Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- George Sample, Senior Human Resources Manager, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Gina Camiola, Manager, Talent Programs, Eaton
- Donna Skurzak, Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Cleveland Clinic
- Joe McClain, Manager, Supplier Diversity, Eaton
- Gloria Ware, Principal, Inclusion, JumpStart Inc.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Scott Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.592.2213.