Stay Informed on News and Policy
Joe Roman on WTAM
In this month's "Wills and Snyder" interview with host Bills Wills, Greater Cleveland Partnership President and CEO Joe Roman talks about:
- Readiness to host the 2016 Republican National Convention: Projects such as the Public Square renovation & Convention Center Hotel are on time and on budget, while the 16,000+ hotel rooms needed have been secured.
- More dollars for downtown development: Developers are willing to invest because they see opportunities as Cleveland’s downtown population continues to grow.
- The cost of airfare for Hopkins travelers continues to drop: The absence of a hub has meant a decline in ticket prices and other airlines adding routes. Cleveland is a strong market and they want to be here.
- Positive trends in brain gain and education reform: A new study by Cleveland State University has found that Cleveland ranks eighth among cities in the growth rate of college-educated millennials and about two-thirds of students in Cleveland public high schools are graduating, up from about 50 percent just a few years ago.
Click to listen.
- Importance of supporting Cuyahoga County Health and Services Levy: Levy funds provide dollars for critical health and human services. This year's levy, which is not a tax increase, with voter approval, will be in place for eight years.