Higher Education Compact of Greater Cleveland
The Higher Education Compact of Greater Cleveland is composed of a diverse group of business, education, civic and philanthropic organizations—including the Greater Cleveland Partnership—that have committed to significantly increasing the number of Cleveland students who are prepared for, have access to, and complete college. Its goals include:
- Changing Cleveland’s culture from one that tells youth “if you go to college” to one that says “when you go to college”;
- Improving performance at public high schools so that youth are better prepared for the rigors of college-level classes;
- Helping parents navigate financial aid paperwork and scholarship opportunities;
- Exposing youth to two-and four-year colleges and universities to find the perfect fit;
- Assisting students to ensure they are prepared for sustainable careers in a rapidly changing and demanding global economy.
What happens next?
Members of the Compact are:
- Working directly with students to ensure that they are ready for college, making the right college choices and succeeding in college;
- Increasing community awareness about why going to college is so important;
- Gathering data to track the Compact’s progress and accomplishments;
- Planning a best practices symposium for 2012;
- Exploring the development of additional scholarship and financial aid programs.
What can I do?
To learn about how you can support the Compact, contact Corinne Webb, project manager, at (216) 241-5587 , ext. 147, or at email@example.com.