Please join us at the Greater Cleveland Middle-Market Forum
- Corporate College East, 4400 Richmond Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
Please join us at the 2017 Greater Cleveland Middle-Market Forum, presented by the Greater Cleveland Partnership, on Thursday, May 11 at Corporate College East. Our program will offer insightful, dynamic and informative presentations on hot topics that are impacting middle-market companies like yours. We'll also provide plenty of opportunities to connect and network with more than 200 Northeast Ohio middle-market executives and decisions makers.
Online registration is now closed. Walk-in registrations will be accepted at the event (credit cards only).
Our keynote speaker will be Chieh Huang, co-founder and chief executive officer of Boxed, an e-commerce business that is disrupting the wholesale shopping club experience by enabling you to shop for bulk-sized items online or via mobile app and have them delivered directly to your door.
Founded in 2013, Boxed is a middle-market company on a significant growth trajectory. It was recently named by Forbes magazine as one of the next “billion-dollar startups.”
The company has raised $180 million in funding and is known for its incredibly generous employee perks. In 2015, Huang, the son of Taiwanese immigrants, announced he would personally pay for the college tuition of all of his employees' children.
Huang was named to Goldman Sachs’ list of 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs (2016) and to National Retail Federation’s list of People Shaping Retails Future (2017).
In addition, Boxed was named Emerging E-retailer of the Year by Internet Retailer in 2016.
The Mighty Middle Market
Hear how Ohio middle-market companies are performing so far in 2017 and expectations for the remainder of the year and find out about trends that could impact your business.
The presentation will look at the findings of the National Center for the Middle Market's 1Q 2017 Middle Market Indicator (MMI).
The MMI report tracks, on a quarterly basis, revenue and employment growth (past 12 months and next 12 months), company performance, challenges, investment strategy, and confidence in the local, national and global economies.
Presenter: Thomas A. Stewart, executive director, National Center for the Middle Market, The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
Marketing Intelligence—The Data Payoff: Learn how mid-sized companies with big consumer and business brands leverage data to harness business intelligence, target new audiences and improve customer acquisition models.
Beyond You—Building Your Leadership Team: Your leadership team is key to your company’s ability to continue to grow and succeed. Two CEOs will share their experiences and insights from their journeys to attract, manage and leverage a dynamic senior management team.
- Lisa Dobransky, director of content, Cuyahoga Community College
- Anne Madzelan, manager, advertising and promotions, Cleveland Indians
- Jorge Solorio, Americas industrial business manager, The Lubrizol Corporation
- Tom Kraemer, founder and president, Essex Digital Platform, moderator
The New Workforce: Millennial Mania or Just Good Ideas Finally Ripe? The norms for work are perhaps changing faster than we can adapt, maybe due to millennials, or just because “it’s about time.” How are companies redefining work to support success and what comes next as the first wave of Generation Z enters the workforce?
- Gordon Bowen, president, Lifebanc
- Jeff Crane, CEO, TPC Wire & Company
- Michelle Hirsch, senior vice president, Brunswick Companies
- Heather Mekesa, director, hospital services, Lifebanc
- Michele Pamboukis, vice president, human resources, TPC Wire & Company
- Todd Stein, president and CEO, Brunswick Companies.
- Jennifer Cohen, senior vice president, leadership development, Ratliff & Taylor, moderator
Cyber Threats: Worse than You Think. What’s next? Cyber threat is at an all-time high and growing. Two local companies will share their experiences, and our experts will address how companies can respond and resources emerging in Northeast Ohio to address cyber threats. The conversation will explore steps you can take to avoid the disruption these companies faced.
- Matt Barcomb, vice president, organizational design, LeanDog
- Meghan Bilardo, director, learning & organizational development, brandmuscle
- Caitlin McLaughlin, executive vice president, director of talent acquisition and total rewards, PNC Financial Services Group
- Steve Millard, executive vice president, Greater Cleveland Partnership, moderator
- Christian Weekley, president and general manager, Weekley’s Mailing Service
- Mark Vega, market leader, corporate construction, The Albert M. Higley Company
- Brian Ray, co-founder and co-director, Center for Cybersecurity and Privacy Protection, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Timothy M. Opsitnick, president, JURINNOV LLC, moderator
Online registration is now closed. You may register as a walk-in
Payment by credit card only. Ticket prices are:
at the event.
GCP members: One ticket: $149; two or more tickets: $129 each
More information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216.592.2376.
Thanks to our sponsors