Commission on Economic Inclusion
The Commission on Economic Inclusion, a program of the Greater Cleveland Partnership, is focused on creating positive, measurable outcomes leading to:
- Increases in board, senior management, workforce and supplier diversity among the more than 120 Northeast Ohio employers who are members of the Commission;
- Increases in the total revenue, value, size, and number of employees for minority-owned businesses in our region and throughout the State of Ohio. Read more about the Commission’s member benefits and minority business resources.
Our members - Join us!
Click here for the list of the more than 100 Northeast Ohio employers that belong to the Commission on Economic Inclusion. To learn more about Commission membership, please email us or call 216.592.2213.
Our 2016-2017 Annual Report
Click to read or download a summary of our recent work to advance diversity and inclusion in the Northeast Ohio business community in our 2016-2017 Annual Report. It includes highlights of our work in three areas:
You can also read an overview of the results of our annual Diversity and Inclusion Organization Assessment. Ninety-two employers from the region participated.
- Corporate Diversity and Inclusion
- Growing Minority-Owned Businesses
- Construction Diversity and Inclusion
The Assessment allows organizations to confidentially benchmark themselves, while providing the Commission important data on the D&I progress of our region.
News from the Commission
Click to read or download the latest issue of our e-newsletter.
Northeast Ohio's diversity and inclusion pacesetters
Congratulations to these Greater Cleveland Partnership members recognized for their diversity and inclusion achievements based on their responses to the Commission's 2018 Diversity and Inclusion Organization Assessment.
Hall of Fame Inductees
Enterprise, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority - Workforce Diversity
The MetroHealth System - Board Diversity
Cuyahoga Community College - Senior Management
Best in Class
- Board Diversity: Huntington National Bank, The MetroHealth System, The Cleveland Foundation
- Senior Management Diversity: Cavaliers Holdings LLC, Cuyahoga Community College
Workforce Diversity: Enterprise, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
Supplier Diversity: Kent State University
- Law Firm: Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
Learn which companies and organizations have been recognized as strong contenders for, or as winners of, this year's Best-in-Class recognition.
The Albert M. Higley Co.
Cavaliers Holdings LLC
The Cleveland Foundation
Cleveland State University
Cuyahoga Community College
Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Greater Cleveland Food Bank, Inc.
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
Huntington National Bank
Kent State University
The MetroHealth System
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer Dstrict
Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP