IGNITE is a racial equity and inclusion action planning program that includes a virtual two part orientation session that provides racial equity data relevant to NEO and the historical context of racial disparities; a debrief of the information; and assistance developing goals for participants’ and their organizations’ growth. Minimal prework will help orient the participants to the experience and two virtual check-ins will review progress toward the goals. The program is designed specifically for leaders within the business community.
- Build awareness of the racial inequities caused by systemic racism and the history and policies that lead to these disparate outcomes.
- Understand the implications that will negatively impact the region’s economic development and growth.
- Explore personal reactions to content presented and the responsibility to act differently with greater awareness.
Fall Cohort 2020 Dates: Click Here to Register.
Orientation: Both days required
- Thursday, September 17th – 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, September 25th – 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Midpoint Session Options: Choose one
- Tuesday, October 13th – 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 16th – 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Final Session Options: Choose one
- Tuesday, November 10th – 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 13th – 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Cost: GCP Members: Free Nonmembers: $50.00 per person
Facilitator: Erica Merritt, Founder & CEO, Equius Group, LLC
Jejuana C. Brown, Program Manager, email@example.com